Friday, April 15, 2011

A Whole Bunch Of A Lot Of Stuff

I've been slacking and I know it.  I got all preachy about discipline and how I am going to blog everyday....and that's still in the works.  This week, however, with work being busy, a paper to write, and a huge math test, I was a little.....overwhelmed.

Anyway, 

I am in the mood to post about stuff that makes me happy.  Random stuff, mind you.  Since I've been in this springy mood, I have so many ideas, and so many things are inspiring me, but it seems like all I can do is sit around and look at pictures, instead of actually doing stuff.  The more photos I peruse through, the more jumbly my mind becomes, and then I forget what I was going to do.  I really need an organizational system- but that is for another day. For now, here is more of the same.  Pretty pictures of stuff that makes me smile inside.

Peonies.  How can you not love them?  They smell great, and they are so ruffly and feminine.  I need me a garden of peonies.

Baby Lambs.  They are the epitome of spring.  It is so much fun to watch them run and play.
How can you get more darling than this?
seriously.

Blue glass.  Anything made out of blue glass appeals to me.  I just love it.  That is all.


Quail.
They make me laugh every time I see them.  They are so cute and funny looking.  I love it when they have a  line of little quailings running behind them.  They make my heart smile.


Paper.  I love paper. The textures, prints, colors, the endless possibilities.  Ahhhh.  I love paper.



Typography.  Yes, I know this makes me a nerd, and I'm ok with it.  Typography is so cool!  I love fonts, and I love designing with them.   Typography and paper has been what's inspiring me a lot lately.  I plan on designing a line of stationary SOON
.  watch for it.



Growing herbs.  
Very excited to start doing this!  There are so many uses for them, and they smell amazing!  I want a cute little herb bucket like this:

Grass. 
Lying in the grass is one of life's most simple pleasures.  mmmm....sunny day with lemonade and cloud watching.  Yes?  Yes.


White Kitchens
So classic.  So Neutral. Beautiful.
You can do anything with it.


Aaaaand. that's enough of that.

Random, I know.
But it was on my mind, and I just had to tell someone.  
Now I feel better.


Moving on, 

The Living room is coming along slowly.  I found some awesome stuff while thrifting last weekend, and I'm excited to get it all finished up!

I bought some fabric for pillows at Ikea, and I'm not sure how happy with it I am.
It matches.  It's cute.  But.... It feels more summery.  I may buy more fabric that is more springy and wait to put the others out till june.  Maybe.

I'm so drawn to white, yellow and blue lately.  And that's what I want to do with the living room....

EXCEPT....

The blasted red rug.

I love it, oh yes I do.

I just need to figure out how to tie it in without making it look too Americana.

Decisions, decisions.

Details Coming soon!

AND THEN......

I made a wreath, and I'm so excited about it!


Fun, Huh? 

Even better, it's made out of book pages!




I got the great idea from Emily at Jones Design Company.

She has a great tutorial.  Her wreath looks different than mine. mine is tighter and fuller, while hers is more ruffly. -- I like it both ways, and I may make another!

To see her awesome tutorial click here


Just thought I'd share it!  I had a lot of fun making this wreath!


Now, where to put it?



No comments:

Post a Comment