Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stop. Rewind. Reset.

Ok, so I'm having an identity crisis.

It's interesting how things and perspectives change as you get older, and more mature.
Lately, I just haven't been happy.  I mean, I've been happy, but I felt like my goals were going no where, and that made me sad.  To keep it short and to the point, I realized that I don't want what I used to want.  I had this plan of being the next famous fashion photographer- travelling all over, getting paid big bucks to do....whatever it is that I would do.

Not. The. Case. Now.

I'm feeling down, annoyed, conflicted, and.....suppressed.  LAME.

I've been pushing myself into photography, and the truth is, its just not inspiring me right now.  NOT EVEN A LITTLE.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, and I still want to do it, but not at the scale i once thought. 
I like doing portraits, but lately, I just don' t feel good enough.

I've thought long and hard about what it is that I am 1. Good at, and 2. Passionate about.

It took some thinking, but I've come to the decision that it's design.

Design of all kinds- Interior mostly, but also typography.  For the last bit, it's been all I can think about, and all I want to do, and I think that's a good sign.

So, the plan is to share it through this blog, and you never know what could come of it!  I love to make things,  so i'll be sharing that, as well as decorating my own home, designing stationary, maybe some cooking, and I may even start an etsy shop, once I get it all figured out.  

Life is way too short to spend it all working in some job that may pay the bills, but doesn't inspire you.

I'm pretty excited about this revelation

Hence, the address change, and header of this blog.  I'm finding my bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment