Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In

I lied.  

There is no Wednesday Weigh in.

Mostly because nothing has changed.

And that is depressing.

So, 

We'll talk about something else today, ya?

but I have no idea what to write about.  I am completely blank.  You don't want to hear about the showcases needing updating, or how I made dinner this morning before work, or the fact that I had a dentist appt today...

Discipline though!  I am going to post!

hmmmmm.......

Ok, here goes.

My 10 Favorite Movies of All Time.

Lame......

but everyone likes movies, right?

Not that my movie taste is better than anyone else's, 

and maybe someone will remind me of one I forgot
Or tell me to see a new one.  

Here Goes.


#1   The Count Of Monte Cristo


How can you go wrong with this?  Such and amazing story, and it has a bit of everything for everyone in it!  Please tell me you've seen it?

#2 The Wizard Of Oz


The Lion is my favorite.  


#3 The Princess Bride


Ummm.....Hello?  "As you wish"  swoon.
"Anybody want a peanut?"
"He's not all dead, only mostly dead"
"I'm not a witch! I'm your wife!  But after what you just said, I'm not sure I even want to be that anymore!"
 Oh wonderful!  Maybe i'll watch that tonight....


#4 Forrest Gump


Not only is this movie endearing, it makes me want to be Tom Hank's friend.  It's a lesson in humbleness? humbility? that we should all take from.

#5 No Country For Old Men


So you have two of the best actors of all time {Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin} but you also have the Cohen Brothers.  masterpiece.  I need to read the book.

#6 Seconhand Lions


Not only is Michael Caine one of my favorites, but Hailey Joel Osment has come into his own, and Robert Duvall is just about the funniest thing ever.  This movie definitely makes me laugh every time I see it.

#7  The Devil Wears Prada


How can you go wrong with this cast?  Emily Blunt is hilarious, and I think Stanley Tucci should be like this in real life.   Again, I need to read this book.  I think I've seen the movie over 30 times.  I usually put it in when i'm going to sleep while Nick is on graveyards.  it usually takes me a month to make it all the way through.  I just never get sick of it!

#8  V For Vendetta


I think this is when we realized that Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving weren't just good, they are ridiculously good.  Love them both.  Until then, they didn't really stand out quite as much.  Now, NP is one of my faves.  

#9  Gangs Of New York

Epic.  You just have to see this movie.  Hopefully you have.  I saw it late...maybe 2 months ago, and I was blown away!  Holy Cameron Diaz!  And Daniel Day Lewis?  He just might be the very best actor to ever hit the silver screen.  Anything he does, {which are few and far between} is grand. 

#10 Little Miss Sunshine


This movie is so touching, and hilarious, and sad in parts.  I read the other day that Abigail Breslin just turned 15.  For Shame!  that's weird to me.  she's one of those kids that is so dang cute that you don't ever want her to grow up.  kinda like the kid in Jerry Maguire, ya know?  Anyway, Steve Carell proved he could do something serious and the Paul kid, i don't remember his name is incredible.  Greg Kinnear drives me nuts, but i always like him in the end.


Ok, I'm on a roll.  Maybe the 10 worst?

Hmmm.... 

There are so many bad ones,

But these are what I've seen and actually have an opinion on.
Not all of them are awful movies that you shouldn't see, but movies that I didn't feel right after seeing.

#1 The Hills Have Eyes


I broke down in sobs after this movie.  Enough said.

#2 Dante's Peak


Could this have been any more cheesy?  I think not.

#3 The Shape Of Things


Rachel Weisz and Paul Rudd?  How can you go wrong?  Well, honestly, I loved everything about this movie. The cinematography, the story, everything.  Until the end.  If you want to watch something that leaves you depressed and angry afterward, this is it. And that's why it makes my list.

#4 Saw 2-whatever number they're on now


Gore doesn't bother me.  Sadism does.  The first movie actually had a compelling story (as gross as it was) and had a great twist at the end.  I stopped watching after number three.  LAME.  Killing people in horrific ways gets old, people.  I think these movies are only for demented teenage boys.

#5 Chick Flicks with Jennifer Lopez (Except the Wedding Planner, which was cute)



It's not that I don't like JLO, it's not that I don't like Chick flicks.  She just seems to pick stupid ones.

#6  Anything with Sarah Jessica Parker, Namely, Failure to Launch


Not even Matthew McConaughey could save this.  Her voice is awful, and she looks like a horse.

#7 My Dog Skip


This movie was adorable.  Until the end, where I cried like a big baby.  If you have a dog that you love, you will cry too.

#8 The Pianist


I couldn't finish this movie.
I knew the Nazi's were awful.
I've studied the Holocaust.
And this made it real.
I couldn't finish it.
Adrian Brody definitely deserved that Academy Award.

#9 Anything Harold And Kumar


Now, I can handle a good stupid-funny movie from time to time.
It's good for the soul.
But these are just lame.
Seriously.  
Pothead jokes don't amuse me in the least.
They're just stupid. 
The end.

#10 Pride and Predjudice


Any of the versions.
I've tried SO hard to like it.
And the book
But no matter what I do, 
It bores me to tears.
Sorry Ladies.


And that is my random post for the day! 

I'm very excited to post more Zion's pictures tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, Dani. www.myfitnesspal.com if you're serious about getting in shape. You don't have to log your food forever, but it has made me FRIGTHENINGLY aware of portions and the calories in some foods. For example, did you know that a small rice bowl from Panda Express has a MINIMUM of about 750 calories? For most people, that's HALF your days calories in one meal. Jami

    ReplyDelete