Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Fever


Although it's snowing today, I have spring fever. BAD. Yes, it's the time of year that I want to change everything.  And when I say that, I mean EVERYTHING.  My clothes, my hair, my house, and what I do.  

So.

I have decided since I don't have the budget for a new wardrobe, and my hair is too short to change, that I will.....  RE-DO THE LIVING ROOM.  

Remember when I posted about our house?  Well, this is still what it looks like:

  
And I HATE it.
Not only is it a black hole, but it says nothing about my style OR spring.
And that, my friends, is NO BUENO.

SO

I've gotten together a tiny little budget to go thrifting with tomorrow!
My dear friend, Erin, who is the best to thrift with, will accompany me, and I am beyond excited to find some amazing stuff to refurbish.

It's time for an intervention- living room style.  

The biggest thing that is bothering me, is the dark furniture.
Ok ok I know that I was indeed the one who picked it out in the first place, but I hate it.  It sucks all the light and light out of the space.
  This room needs to be neutral with splashes of color, and splashes of SPRING!
It must be a space I enjoy looking at and being in.

 The end.

So, here's a list of the things I'll be on the watch for tomorrow:

Obviously, I can't afford ALL this stuff at the moment, but you never know what you will find!  The starred items are what I want most.  Plus material for pillows.....

{ps, isn't it cute how i ripped the page?  Totally impractical, I know, but then again, what part of me is practical??? }

I'm drawing inspiration from a lot of places, but I saw this idea on theletteredcottage.com and LOVED IT!


The Mantel part, I mean.  I don't have a fireplace, but a mantel shelf will do nicely.  If you want to read Layla's post where she created this, click here.  

It's simple, it's fresh. it's spring. LOVE  <3

So, I've drawn {badly I might add} some basic ideas for our space:



I may or may not decide to redo the lampshades, depending on how hard it is to do.
And I want new curtains.
And, as I said before, a new coffee table and end tables.  {I cant' paint the ones I already have  :(  }

Next Challenge: COLORS.

Well, I like my neutrals, especially white.  So that is where I'll start, 

The rug has to stay {because I love it} and it has red in it...so I'll incorporate red in too

I like yellow, tffany blue, navy blue....

I guess I'll just see what I can find!

Yay for thrifting!.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun!!! :) Post pics of what you find tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete