Monday, January 24, 2011

A New House!

Well, We did it! We're all moved in to our new place! We have been looking to move because our old house didn't allow dogs, and that is a big no bueno! I have had Yoshi for 2 years, and for the past 8 months, he's had to say at my parent's house. (But that's another story)

We have been really excited for this move! Our old place just didn't quite feel like....home. Not that I didn't like it there, but what we have now is so much better! We were lucky enough to have friends who needed renters at the right time! The place is bigger, way cuter, and Yoshi can finally live with us! How exciting!

I've been pretty neurotic about this whole process. Poor Nick! Fortunately for me, he is a total stud and puts up with my neuroticism! I got a planner for the new year, and have been obsessed with planning everything lately. So anyway, I planned EVERYTHING. What we were packing this night and that night, and where the boxes should go- because of course there was a moving schedule..... I actually started to scare myself- and seeing this in writing only proves my point!

So, we got all packed (mostly on schedule), and our awesome landlord, Randy gave us a week to move in! (Thanks again!) He's done a lot for us, and I am so grateful! It's nice to have great people all around you!

We started moving in last Monday, with a goal to be completely unpacked and organized when all the big furniture was to be moved (saturday) It was NOT easy! Holy moly, we have soooooo much crap! But, we did get done, and I felt like the coolest overachiever ever.

So now that we're all moved in, I will become obsessive about decorating (I can feel it) I want our house to feel like a home, and be put together. I'm planning on documenting my decorating adventures for all to see, and I'm excited! So far, we're doing well, but there's a lot more I want to do!

So now on to the pictures!

Here is the Living room:
I love our new lamps and rugs! I'm planning on doing pillows and some wall art: to come!

Here's the Kitchen- which I LOVE!!!

I'm planning on growing bamboo in the window sill and we need a rug in front of the door still :)


This is the half bath downstairs. I love it. it's super stylish!

The guest bedroom (which needs a lot of work because its really boring right now.
and the office AKA the "man cave"



And the upstairs bathroom, which has a jetted tub!

And finally- the Master Bedroom! Na-Na!
We love our new room! It is so big! we finally have room for stuff-who knew? My favorite part is the new tv we splurged on- it's just about the best idea we've ever had! Haha!

This is the room I'm going to start decorating! I've picked a color palette, and will document all my progress here, if you'd like to see the transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment